Categories: Trucking News
Date: Mar 17, 2009
Title: SIRIUS XM’S ROAD DOG TRUCKING RADIO TO BROADCAST LIVE AT THE MID-AMERICA TRUCKING SHOW MARCH 19-21
SIRIUS XM’S ROAD DOG TRUCKING RADIO TO BROADCAST LIVE AT THE MID-AMERICA TRUCKING SHOW MARCH 19-21
· “The Lockridge Report” and “Freewheelin’ with Meredith Ochs and Chris T.” go live from Kentucky Expo Center, taking calls from around the country and questions from
drivers attending the show
· Road Dog explores topics and headlines that matter most to the professional driver, including the effects of the economy on the industry
· Special guests include country star Aaron Tippin, Chrome Shop Mafia, and Women in Trucking President Ellen Voie
SIRIUS XM’s newly expanded Road Dog Trucking Radio channel will broadcast live from the 2009 Mid-America Trucking Show at the Kentucky Expo Center/North Wing Booth #16116 from March 19-21, 2009. Road Dog Trucking Radio --- SIRIUS channel 147 and XM channel 171 – is the ultimate 24/7 news, information, and entertainment destination for the professional truck driver.
On February 17, 2009 SIRIUS XM unveiled the newly expanded Road Dog Trucking Radio, featuring unparalleled programming from both the SIRIUS and XM services and exclusive live call-in shows hosted by legends of trucking radio such as Dave Nemo and “The Truckin’ Bozo” Dale Sommers, plus the next generation of trucking stars with Evan Lockridge’s Lockridge Report, Meredith Ochs and Chris T.’s Freewheelin’ and Glen “Jonesey” Jones, who keeps truckers company on the new overnight show Jonesey’s All Night Truck Stop. Road Dog Trucking Radio also features exclusive SIRIUS XM Trucking News updates, plus interstate weather updates and interstate alerts detailing highway and construction delays.
The Lockridge Report hosted by veteran trucking journalist Evan Lockridge and Freewheelin’ with Meredith Ochs and Chris T. will broadcast special live editions of their shows at MATS 2009 from the SIRIUS XM Road Dog booth, welcoming a wide range of guests, exploring the headlines and topics that matter most to professional drivers including the economy. Throughout the weekend the shows will take questions from listeners around the country and from drivers attending MATS.
SIRIUS XM’s Road Dog Trucking Radio live at The 2009 Mid-America Trucking Show/Kentucky Expo Center lineup North Wing Booth #16116/March 19-21:
The Lockridge Report hosted by Evan Lockridge
Live March 19, 20, and 21 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm ET
On his daily show The Lockridge Report veteran trucking journalist Evan Lockridge tackles the tough issues facing truckers today — interviewing industry heavyweights and giving drivers a voice on breaking news and issues. The Lockridge Report MATS schedule:
· March 19, beginning at 2:00 pm ET: Kicking off 3 days of live shows from MATS Lockridge welcomes representatives of International Truck and Engine Company and Cummins engines to discuss how the two types of technologies they will be using meet federally mandated 2010 new lower emissions regulations differ and what this means for drivers. Also on the show are guests from Schneider National and Fikes Truck Lines to discuss a number of driver issues including tips on looking for a job with another carrier when demand for new hires is low due to the slow economy.
· March 20, beginning at 2:00 pm ET: Lockridge interviews the new Goodyear Highway Hero, who will be announced the night before at the show. Sean Kilcarr and Tim Brady from American Trucker magazine and freelance trucking writer Jim Park freelance trucking writer Jim Park discussing some of the product and service introductions made at MATS. Kilcarr and Brady will also be on a special Friday edition of the show’s “Trucking Industry Perspectives” feature on which they debate an issue of importance to drivers.
· March 21, beginning at 2:00 pm ET: Kevin Rutherford, host of Road Dog’s ATBS Business & Beyond, joins Lockridge to discuss a new truck he has been working on and business issues affecting truckers, including what steps they can take in the current economy to improve their bottom lines. On ATBS Business & Beyond Rutherford explores topics such as taxes, tires, engines and new technology and how they affect the bottom lines of company drivers and owner operators.
Freewheelin’ with Meredith Ochs and Chris T.
Live March 20, 21 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm ET
Freewheelin’ with Meredith Ochs and Chris T. is a daily high-energy talk show for truckers featuring news, pop culture topics and guests from the world of trucking, music, and more.
The Freewheelin’ MATS schedule:
• March 20: Chrome Shop Mafia stops by for a special Friday broadcast at 11:30 am ET, country star and truck enthusiast Aaron Tippin goes Freewheelin’ to talk about his new CD of truckin' tunes -- In Overdrive -- at 12:30pm ET. At 1:30 pm, Ellen Voie, President and CEO of Women In Trucking stops by to talk about the role women play in the industry. Meredith and Chris will also be joined by Road Dog’s morning show host Dave Nemo – Nemo and the Freewheelin’ team will interview the winner of the Arrow Truck Sales “Back on the Road” contest.
• March 21: Compete in Freewheelin's first annual “Jake Brake” contest. All truckers are invited to stop by the SIRIUS XM booth to do their best “jake brake” impression.
Contact for SIRIUS XM Radio:
SIRIUS XM Radio
212 901 6739