Middlesex, N.J. -- May 18, 2009 -- Aljex Software has announced a series of upgrades to its Aljex TIN transportation management application for brokers. Enhancements include more reports, expanded accounting options and an optional ribbon of active loads that moves across the top of the screen like a market ticker. The Aljex Load Ticker can be turned on and off with the click of a button on the TIN main page.
Aljex Software, Inc., is the industry-leading provider of hosted management software for freight brokers, 3PLs and other transportation providers. TIN, which stands for transportation intermediary network, displays all loads or only those selected by status on a map. Because Aljex is hosted on the Internet, upgrades are immediately available for use by all subscribers at no additional cost.
“The new Aljex Load Ticker keeps critical work at the forefront for busy agents. It energizes the work screen without being obtrusive or distracting. There’s nothing else like it,” said Tom Heine, president of Aljex. “We’ve also added a host of substantial enhancements, many recommended by our customers.”
The Aljex announcement included these upgrades to the TIN application:
• When agents click on a load for information and status they now have a one-click option to upload or view associated scanned documents.
• Customer preferences copy automatically to new orders. That can include billing method, pallet exchange policies, mileage calculation choices and more. More individual account stats now display on a customer’s preference page.
• Driving directions to shipper and consignee locations save automatically for instant retrieval.
• The accounts page that displays all customers now offers one-click access to account balances, tracking, and associated documents. One click will also email a balance due statement to a customer.
• More reports and graphs have been added to the reports menu.
• Options have been added to the accounting menu and to the individual invoice menu as well.
• Big Export, which enables Aljex users to download virtually all their data in a standard format, has been greatly expanded.
• The carriers page now offers one-click access to key stats and individual carrier documentation, including insurance and safety ratings.
Alex TIN, introduced last years, offers breakthrough utility and unique Web resourcefulness, including mapping, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and vast potential for collaboration with carriers, customers and partners.
TIN includes Google mapping, the profit-driving convenience of Aljex SmartSearch, integrated access to major load boards and business-friendly EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). TIN integrates information from carriers and shippers electronically, which eliminates data entry, automates time consuming functions and enables web-based load status for customer service. TIN also integrates with RMIS (Risk Management Internet Services) for automatic carrier insurance tracking.
Aljex web-based software requires no software investment, maintenance or backup, and can be used from virtually anywhere.
About Aljex Software Inc.
Aljex Software based in Middlesex, N.J., leads the transportation industry with innovative software and business systems for third-party logistics firms and carriers. Clients include freight brokers, rail inter-modal, airfreight forwarders, container draymen and logistics companies. Aljex has been perfecting smart, intuitive management solutions since 1996. For more information, visit www.aljex.com or contact email@example.com.